Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
Paris results/scoring

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2002 4:05 pm    Post subject: Paris results/scoring Reply with quote

Results won't be entered and scored quite as quickly as you're used to this week, as I'll be out Friday and Saturday without 'net access. You'll just have to be patient! Smile

I'll also be out something like July 22nd to August 4th, so there will most likely be some downtime there, although I'll at least be able to check email periodically and *possibly* update meet results.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, I lied. Looks like I'm sticking around afterall, so results should be entered in a timely fashion. I'm not feeling quite well enough to find hitting the road for 6+ hours of driving too appealing, so I'll just have to patch it up with the friend who's wedding I'm missing after the fact... Sad

If you want to follow along the meet, here's the site:

http://www.meetinggazdefrance.com/programme.php4

I assume the "RESULTATS" link will be active once there are results loaded...

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results have been coming along just fine ... Mo Greene wins agian !!! Tim Montgomery in 4th !!!! I don't think Ihave ever been so glad to see anyone lose (even better than Carl or MJ) ... Sad thing is he is having a decent season .. But becasue of all the lip he is looking like a total failure ...

Marion won in 10.89 ... Slowing rounding into form perhaps ... Still has yet to run again P-Block though ... And P-Block has been running well .. Anier Garcia looks to be the man in the 110 hurdles this year ... I think we are witnessing a changing of the guard ... A very good 400h race on the men's side ..

Luckily this meet is on TV tomorrow I believe ...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you finding results?

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.meetinggazdefrance.com/english/results.php4

Full results there ... And the sky must be fallling cause an American man won the 800 !!!!! Krummenaker in 1:44.83 ... Granted the big guns weren't there, but hey ... NO one will asklater who was in the race !!
Distance_Guru
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Krummenaker wins the mens 800 and Tetter wins the womens 1500. Not a bad day for the Yanks. And who cares who else was in the race a win in Europe by two American middle distance runners on the same day has me grinning. Not to mention sweeping pieces of the sky off my porch and trying to get those darn pigs out of the tree in my yard.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that works much better!

1:44.83 is a respectable time for Krummenacker. Sure beats the 1:49 to 1:51 crap we're getting used to domestically. I'm surprised to see Ngeny in the 800.

Teter would go and win the 1500m right after I try making a point about her being a better 800m runner... Smile

I'm surprised no one has commented on Tim Broe's rather poor running this season. Seems to coincide with part-time training partner Webb's problems...

Since when is Mark Lewis Francis from Angola??? Man, I thought my men's 100m roster would pick up some nice darkhorse points, but I'm getting killed in that event with none of them competing...

They must have 9 lanes on the homestraight there, as 9 women ran in the 100 and 9 men in the 110's. Too bad Wade didn't stay in the hurdles... Allen Johnson in 13.72? Yikes, I wonder if he got no listed reaction time because it was too long to measure???

Quote:
1 - Ana Guevara MEX 50.00

Doh! Has she broken 50.00 before? If not, that's a painful PR... Smile

They didn't break ties in the pole vault and high jump for some reason. If I'm not mistaken, it goes by fewer misses at the previous height, right? Important for scoring...

Dan
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, results are entered and scored for this week, and boy were there some moves in the standings!

http://run-down.com/fantasy/

We have a new leader for the first time since week 1, and take a look at the move up to this week's #2. Mr. Lehman had all but one of his roster selections score in Paris, which I can't even comprehend compared to my Lame Duck squad... Smile

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well if you havc Lame Ducks, Ihave a bunch of athletes who are just ont showing up ... I have Szabo and Yegorova running in the wrong events ... Crying or Very sad ... Kathereine Merry out for the year .. Inger Miller and Shawn Crawford might as weel be out .. Have't seen Crear ... Brits coming back finally but apparently from injury or something ... Sheesh ... BUT it is a ton of fun !!!!!!!!!!!!
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2002 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're in the same boat... All the more surprising that some people managed to pick rosters where almost everyone's competing.

One of the original strategy questions I threw out there is whether it would be better to spread your selections out with some mid-priced athletes across events or go for basically one ringer in each. So far, it's looking like the best approach is to pick 8-10 top notch athletes and somehow have the crystal ball well enough to avoid those taking the year off...

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2002 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to reserve any decisions on roster selection until after the season is over Wink ... But there has to be some type of workable strategy ..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: