Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
1500m help??? Am i Been Realistic abouyt achieving this time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
joe moyle

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 3:51 am    Post subject: 1500m help??? Am i Been Realistic abouyt achieving this time Reply with quote

3 months ago my personal best was 5.30 for 1500m. I achieved this when I was 11. I am now 17 and 6 days old. However I started training for a 1500m race a month befor hand, and achieved 5.27mintues after the 1st week then achieved 5.21mintues after 3 weeks. This was achieved whislt running on my own. HOWEVER during the 1500m race on Sunday 26th may 2002 I achieved a personal best of 5.06mintues. I know if i achieved 4.59mintues i would of won, but i never and i finished 2nd. I feel that if i continue my training i have the potential to reach 4.30mintues in the 1500m. This is if I contiune my training. Stamina for me is not a problem it is the fight of having to sprint over the last 200meters of the race. How can I solve this problem which could possibly help me win these races, and is it possible to achieve this in a year?????

Edited by Dan - the following text moved here from Joe's near duplicate post in another thread (please try to post in just one place, otherwise it makes a mess of attempted replies)

I recently ran 1500m in 5.06mins. This is a personal best for me. However when I was 11 i could run the 1500m in 5.30mintues.then for the next six years i became slower and ran the 1500m in around 5.45mintues. I started training again 2 months ago and achieved a time of 5.06mintues! however i am now 17 and i feel committed again to long distance running and i want to run at least 4.45mintues. I know that this would be good enough to win some of the events i enter. When achieving this time however some boy beat me with a time of 5.01mintues. He over took me with 150meters to go.(he also done the same thing during the 8oom (2.26mintues p.b). He sprinted past me after been on my shoulder for most of the race, and i just couldn't seem to find any pace to run faster. I felt o.k whislt running but i didnt have that extra gear. How can i stop been beaten by a sprint finish???????? Should I run harder at the beginning and try and wear the rest of the field out??????
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2002 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What sort of training are you doing?

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: