Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
Excruciating pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:59 pm    Post subject: Excruciating pain Reply with quote

Yesterday on Sunday, I did my long run and today I did an easy run about 1/2 the distance of Sunday's long run. I felt pretty worn out and my legs felt like crap, but after about 2.5 miles or so, I started to feel this sharp pain in the outer edge of my left foot between my smallest toe and my heel. If you place your finger on that ball-like outer ankle joint (left side of left foot) and then move your finger down to the spot between the fleshy outside edge of your foot and the ball-like ankle joint you'll find out where I was feeling the pain. It's really odd because it's far away from the tarsals and the pain is coming directly from the edge of my foot, not the joint itself. I seriously thought that the outer edge of my foot was about to snap in half. Every landing would send this really sharp, stabbing pain in my foot. I started to limp more on my right foot to ease the pain from my left foot but it would still hurt. I was humming during the rest of my run and I was about to cry. My pace slowed down by 90 seconds and I was begging for the run to end. After that, I did 8 strides on the grass.
I have never, ever, ever had this type of pain/injury. I have never suffered from plantar problems or anything like that.

I also think that I was feeling the same pain that Steven was feeling with his hamstring. My hamstring was hurting near my knee area but it wasn't excruciating. I would just feel this sharp pain inside for no reason at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is exactly what I was talking about! I could barely walk on campus today. I had to shift all of my weight onto my right foot and land with the ball of my left foot only. If I ever put my weight on my left foot and landed on the whole side including my heel, then I would feel this jolt of sharp pain in my foot. I can't run today, and I don't know how long I won't be able to run for, I'll just rest this thing out. It seems so stupid right now but it was a good idea at the time during my run! Push push push! Giving up is for wussies, but what happened in the end? I have sacrificed a day's benefit for several day's benefit, or maybe longer. I let my guts get to me at the wrong time.

Next time I'll be more aware of pain. I guess it's also because I was unfamiliar with this type of pain. I didn't know how bad it will be. If my shins were hurting, I would have a pretty good idea of when to keep on running or when to just stop because I've experienced the different levels of pain before. I just think that if it becomes so intense that it's starting to greatly impact my pace, then I'll stop.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck, I think I'm going back to weightlifting, it never did me wrong.
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! My foot is starting to feel better. I'm starting to be able to land on my whole left foot when I walk. I think that the primary cause of this was because my legs were heavy and tight which caused my landing to be crooked or something like that that. I think I was that I was landing on the side of my left foot instead of down the middle. It's not plantar fasciitis because it would talk a much longer time to heal, but in my case, it looks like I'll be able to start running again next week.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: