Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
Animal Encounters Contest

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DinaC
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Animal Encounters Contest Reply with quote

Real runners are out in all weather conditions at all hours of the day. Just like real animals. So it’s no surprise that runners often encounter wildlife when they’re doing their thing.

Have you had your own animal encounter on a run? If so, we want to hear about it. Did you stop long enough to snap a photo or shoot some video? Even better.

We’ll give away $250 worth of gear or a 1 year PRO membership (= 50% off) to the most-viewed/top-rated photo, video or story.

Go to www.saverun.org to share your animal adventure. Photo or video can be posted in our new “Animal Encounters” albums.

Entries are due by June 15 and voting will continue through June 30.

http://runpreservation.ning.com/profiles/blogs/running-gear-animal-encounters
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plenty of dog encounters ... and I came face to face with a deer coming around some trees on a solitary trail run once. I don't know who was more surprised, me or the momma deer.

Dan
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate dog encounters so much! I sometimes get paranoid and look back over my shoulder to see if there's a dog chasing me. I've also came around this loop and I saw a young-looking deer, thank god it wasn't a buck. We glanced at eachother for a few seconds and then it fled, I was about 4 meters away from it. I've also almost tripped over a rabbit that crossed my path during the night and on a morning run, this big, fat dragonfly flew right into left cheek. I think I've also spotted a bear in Romania and I ran as if the SWAT team was chasing after me. People are stuid though, they give food to the wild bears, no wonder there's been bodies discovered in local parks in Brasov. Bears are not to be underestimated though, they can run a lot faster than Usain Bolt could (35 mph).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DinaC
Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 9:15 am    Post subject: Last day to enter PI contest (6/15)! Reply with quote

These are great stories! If you want a chance to win $250 in running gear from Pearl Izumi, you need to share your animal encounter at www.saverun.org.

You don't need have to post photo/video, just share your story here...
http://runpreservation.ning.com/profiles/blogs/only-4-days-left-to-submit

TODAY (6/15) is the last day of the contest! Good luck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: