Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
Running for my Father - Inspirational Film on DVD

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
codythumbs
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:13 pm    Post subject: Running for my Father - Inspirational Film on DVD Reply with quote

Hey all -

Cody Westheimer here. I wrote the music for the film ULTRAMARATHON MAN - the Dean Karnazes film. While working on the project I got inspired to train for my first marathon - which I planned to run in memory of my father, who died at 56 from a brain tumor. JB, the director of ULTRAMARATHON MAN encouraged me to document my journey through training and grief on film. So a new film was born.

"Running for my Father" is not the story of an elite athlete. It's my story of perseverance, pain and ultimate triumph as I prepare for my first 26.2 - my dad on my shoulder all the way. I can promise you'll find the film inspiring and heart warming. Here's what the critics are saying:

“Tragedy turned triumph!  A father’s love, a son’s calling, one race.” - Josh Cox, elite marathoner

“...whether you’re a seasoned runner or have never laced-up a pair of running shoes, this film will make you want to get out, get moving and celebrate life!” - Kevin Patrick, Endurance Planet Inc.

The DVD package is loaded with extras including deleted scenes, a soundtrack disc and interviews with famed runners Hal Higdon, David Horton and Ray Zahab.

You can purchase the film for just $12.99 at http://www.runningformyfather.com/Running_for_my_Father/Buy.html

Profits to benefit the National Brain Tumor Society.

Thanks for your support and please help spread the word! Smile

Best regards,

Cody
www.runningformyfather.com
AM_Runner
All-Star
All-Star

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I heard something about this on Endurance Planet. the discussion in the podcast was interesting - thanks for the reminder
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: