Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
Sprained Toe

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ssteve235
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we have a leg extensin machine at my school, so you saying that i should try to stay off the track as much as possible? would it make sense to run my weekend 400 training workouts on the infield of the track as near to the track as possible?
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the knee soreness turns out to be a one-time thing, then stick with your regular training on the track and just get off it on non-workout days, or jog in the grass for warm-up/cool-down and recoveries. Running intervals in the grass isn't great unless you have an artificial turf infield? Natural grass infields tend to be pretty lumpy at the edges and have sharp turns at the corners.

Dan
ssteve235
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i didnt think about how bad the infield is for running on, i just wanna take every precution w/ my knee because of the similar problem last year that kept me out of section champs
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's one of those random things that comes up and lasts for 1-3 days. These things aren't a huge problem, unless they create a huge worry for you. Sometimes I can't run fast, while on other days I feel like I'm at the top of the world. You don't meet any of the causes and you already stretch, etc. Maybe you even put ice on.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ssteve235
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think i pinpointed the problem, it was my machinacs. i havent bee getting up on my toes while ive sprinting enough and thats caused me to come down harder on my leg causing the knee problems, during my practice today, i stayed up on my toes more then usual and was lighter on my feet and my knee felt better then when i come down more near the middle and back of my foot.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're landing on your heels while trying to run fast, that creates a braking motion with each step that can be jarring on the knees.

Dan
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you experiencing some pain in your shin or better yet your lower leg too? If yes, then you are definitely overstriding just like Dan said.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ssteve235
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no theres no pain in my shins, and i fixed my knee problem, my practice today was realitvly pain free, thanks for the help
Angelo Z
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See? It was just one of those dumb 1-3 day injuries.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: