Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
Here I am

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fry the Sailor
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:05 pm    Post subject: Here I am Reply with quote

Ok, I'm back. It's been awhile since I last posted...
Lets recap my running career for the year. Solid track season, but had minimal improvement. best 400m: 58.3 best 800m: 2:15 (with a 60s first lap)
XC: started with a 21:00sh. Knew I could do better and chipped it down to 19:00. Then took a quantam leap to about 18:00.
Its near the end of the XC season here in Michigan. One more invitational, conference, regionals, maybe state.
My teams pretty solid. I've been about the 6th man, but got demoted to JV this next race.

Been too busy with school, work, XC and other things to post.
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all Fry. Do you have an indoor season? If so, what events will you be running?
Fry the Sailor
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there is an indoor season over here in michigan. Unforutunatly, it doesn't start until January. Fine with me though, I really want to hit on some real 400/800m training. I switched from distance to mid right at the beggining of last track season. I wonder what I can do on a formal training programme!

what does a mid distance training programme typically look like?
AM_Runner
All-Star
All-Star

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Job Fry...

keep up the good work and improvements
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done, Fry! The 5K XC work will give you good strength for the 400 800 combo. Maybe a move to the 1500 a few times this Spring?? Wink

"Gaunt is Beautiful" Cassidy's T-shirt
Indeurr
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 5:54 am    Post subject: Re: Here I am Reply with quote

Fry the Sailor wrote:
Ok, I'm back. It's been awhile since I last posted...
Lets recap my running career for the year. Solid track season, but had minimal improvement. best 400m: 58.3 best 800m: 2:15 (with a 60s first lap)
XC: started with a 21:00sh. Knew I could do better and chipped it down to 19:00. Then took a quantam leap to about 18:00.
Its near the end of the XC season here in Michigan. One more invitational, conference, regionals, maybe state.
My teams pretty solid. I've been about the 6th man, but got demoted to JV this next race. Been too busy with school, work, XC and other things to post.

____Do not stop running – later on, it will be so very hard to get back to your shape. I do not know how old are you, but with my friend (Hubert Gibowicz), back in Poland, we worked out hard (because we got C’s for 2 K run in school) to lower our long distance (accidentally, 5 K) times: I ran my very best in about 16 minutes after running 5 K a couple times in about 21 minutes, and one time in 18 minutes; at the very end of the couple years of hard practice, he ran 5 K in 15 minutes with seconds in single digits, and I did ‘over-run,’ and had to stop about 300 meters short of 5 K, but until I did stop, we were running dead even.
One thing: we both were 14-teen and 15-teen: we would heal over one day breaks on Sundays because we were growing. At present my 1 mile best is 6:30 or so, and my 2 miles best is 13:45 or so.
Why? Because I did stop running in between ages of 15-teen and 18-teen, later in between the ages of 19-teen and 23, and later in between ages of 24 and 26 – too many breaks: a man is a t his best in between 16-teen and 26; 9 out of 10 great men in history did attain their greatness or at least began their march to the greatness before their 26th birthday.
It is a proven fact that ‘jerks’ or man higher on testosterone are smarter – unless, it is so high that it gets them in trouble with law.
On the other hand, a normal person has at most 15-teen years of pro—like hard workouts and runs at most before the wear and tear takes its toil. The wear and tear can be slowed down or even temporarily averted with the HGH stimulator and steroids (both illegal in professional competition, do not work for all people, and produce dangerous side effects in most people; but if taken to help cure injuries in small amounts may – just may repair the damage). Without dope or genes won on a lottery there is no hope – I am sorry.
Judging by women who took a season off to have a child or a couple – you may get away with taking one season off about each five to ten years or so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB0RcWYMwXU
one hand clapping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: