Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Sprint Central
tyson gay

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kishan Gill
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whereas powells 9.77 in zurich fails to excite me as it once did , it seems more interesting to see how close the other runners can get to the jamaican.

Once again Gay has proven himself to be the best sprinter pound for pound in both events with a fantastic 9.84 finishing less than a metre behind powell , quite a feat in itself.

I would also like to mention merritts close run against wariner in a SB 44.34.
This quartermiler has promised a lot but has failed to make an impact on the world stage until now. It will be interesting to see how he carries it over next season and along with carter whether he can prove a worthy opponent for Wariner.
X King
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Tyson ran awesome last nite. Was clsoing on Powell towards the end, so I think that in time with a better 35-70m he could be the next sub-9.80 man

Powell's race was pretty flawless. The wind he had was the least that ANY of the 9.77s has had [+1.0], so he is obviously improving

Scott dropped the sub-10 I thought he would do as his finishin ability is fast improving from what it once was. Believe me, with Scott this is just the beginning. I'm lookin for a sub-9.90 outta him next year the way he is goin. Brunson ran well behind him. He kinda slept in the blocks [the 0.176RT explains it!], but came on well. With more consistent starts, he'd be under-9.95

Wariner seems to have been more challenged last night than he has been this season. Excellent PR for Merritt in 2nd and also for Gary Kikaya with 44.54 in 3rd
Kishan Gill
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gay is the only guy at present who could pose a challenge to powell if he makes any mistakes.

I hate an event dominated by just one person as is the case now with Gatlin probably out of the picture, so gay may fill that void.

thankfully the 200m is a lot more competitive even though Gay seems the dominant man this year despite that one spectacular loss to carter.
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gay has actually been my favorite sprinter this year, and the deuce my favorite event ...

The 100 has been boring for a couple years now ... Just no fun when it is being dominated ... Even when it was 'Safa AND Gat was boring to me ... Asafa seems to be at his Ato Boldon moment - his max ... Gay has SO much to learn about the shorter event !!! We could yet see another "rivalry" by Osaka ...
Kishan Gill
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree absolutely.

On the stats side Gay has equalled the second fastest combined time ever run by Fredericks so he is coming along nicely.
AM_Runner
All-Star
All-Star

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Noticed that as well that in the last 10 or so meters Gay was perceptably closing on Powell He has certainly been a revealation this season

Great time by Merritt - but I think that it was more of a rust shaker for Wariner with the break in the season - time will tell
Kishan Gill
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I certainly hope the likes of merritt or carter can move up a notch and challenge wariner next year for the same reasons as the 100.
Just to put some excitement back into the event.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Sprint Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: