Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
I WANNA GET FASTER!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2001 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i Run the hundred meters and the 200 for my school and run for a club i need sum more trainin to do at home to get me faster. Pressups an all that doesn't really work. Try an Help cheers
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2001 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some recommended workouts.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm .. like Dan's workouts .. But in order to run faster at some point you have to get your body to work harder or faster or both .. A couple of things you can do ..

One is work with resistance while sprinting .. That could be while wearing a weight vest .. Or pulling a sled or parachute or partner ... This makes the body work harder to try to go fast .. Once the resistance is taken away the body has built up additional stregnth to carry you faster .. Kind of simply put but it works ..

The other way is to get your body to run faster than normal .. This can be done with controlled sprints down an incline of some sort - small hill or something of the sort .. Or by being towed at a faster than normal rate of speed .. I would recommend the downhill incline first !!! Especially if you are young .. But the result is for the bodies muscles to get accustomed to moving at a faster rate of speed and in the process "teaching" them to run faster ..

Both these things should be done with proper supervision however .. But they are a couple of ideas that have proven to work ..
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2001 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of Conway's suggestions are very good ways of improving speed and strength. Downhill running comes with an extra dose of caution, as surface, incline, and body position are all very important for avoiding injury. Make sure you have good, stable footing, are running on a hill not too steep for your level of training, and do not lean back. Keep your weight over the ball of your feet, with a slight forward lean, and gravity will work wonders. Smile

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: