Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
Running Nude

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree with Micah. The topic feels devoid of any real substance and is very one-sided, so there's not much for anyone else to add.

Dan
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with the last two posts.

Paul

"Gaunt is Beautiful" Cassidy's T-shirt
Running4life
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Micah Ward wrote:
You aren't a naturist or nudist and you aren't interested in a nude race. Sounds to me like you are an exhibitionist who gets his jollys from exposing himself and then talking about it on the forums.

That's probably why you don't get responses on the forums. You don't come across as a runner....you come across as the flasher down by the playground.

With all due respect, how would you know that I'm not a naturist or nudist? Even if I were an exhibitionist, it is still possible to be a natirist/nudist. I visited my first naturist resort last year, FYI. Also, I am very interested in the nude racing.

Maybe to you I do not "come across as a runner", but indeed I am, and have been for many years before ever doing it in the nude. I run primarily for health and exercise, but found a great way to increase my ambition.

I also don't understand why you automatically connect exhibitionists with "playgrounds", that sounds to me to be your own personal "freudian slip", and not something I would definitely ever find myself doing.

Last edited by Running4life on Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He was just saying that's the impression he's gotten from your posts. I'd have to say the same. The vibe you're sending isn't an enjoyment of the freedom so much as pride in the exhibition.

Dan
Running4life
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
He was just saying that's the impression he's gotten from your posts. I'd have to say the same. The vibe you're sending isn't an enjoyment of the freedom so much as pride in the exhibition.

Dan

I don't remember saying that I enjoyed being seen when I'm doing my runs nude, but I admit that I don't mind it and I do think it's kind of fun. I want to ask you what is wrong with enjoying it if someone (adult) catches you in the nude?
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if there is anything wrong with it, but it is a socially frowned upon practice. What's more, most people don't understand what is enjoyable about it, other than the exhibitionist aspect. So, if you can't articulate what it is that makes it so great, people will assume the worst.

Dan
Running4life
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I did articulate why I like it.

I didn't appreciate the poster who drew all his own conclusions (all wrong too) without even asking about them first. It's OK if they assume the worst, but before they comment (or state those assumptions as fact, like the responder in this case did), wouldn't it make sense to first ask if they are assuming correct or not?

I admit that maybe there's a little bit of exhibitionist in me, but a harmless one, and I think it exists in a lot of people and is quite common. I also don't go around looking to show off, like some flasher.
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your 3rd post you state that you are NOT a naturist or nudist. It's kind of hard to draw a wrong conclusion there. You have also failed to talk about anything the other serious runners around here talk about. Such as training plans and racing results. You seem to just want to talk about the sensual and erotic feeling you get from it. Again, your own words from your third post.

Hmmmm....if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....
graeme
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm not really a nudist or naturist

Quote:
With all due respect, how would you know that I'm not a naturist or nudist?
Running4life
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not here to have an argument on why I run naked, just that I do. For whatever reason, I do. It is still running, and this a "running" forum.

I run primarily to keep in shape, always have whether in the nude or not. I am not going to talk about "racing" or "training" because I don't run to train for any sort of racing. This is not a racing forum anyway. I am a runner for exercise.

I also stated that I am not "really" a nudist or naturist. I didn't say I was "not", just not "fully" into the lifestyle, meaning I have interest. SO Quoting that comment of mine, only supports what I have said. Even though whether or not I am nudist or naturist has nothing to do with it.

The fact I "run" in the nude. This is a running forum, and I asked if anyone else does it or has tried it. Completely on topic and reasonablely simple question.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The fact I "run" in the nude. This is a running forum, and I asked if anyone else does it or has tried it. Completely on topic and reasonablely simple question.

Yeah, but running from the police could be construed as a running topic, too. The fact is, running is a very distant second in importance.

Dan
Running4life
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
Quote:

Yeah, but running from the police could be construed as a running topic, too. The fact is, running is a very distant second in importance.

Dan

That's totally off. The reason he is running is to get away from a crime, and it's a one time thing at that. The reason I run is not so I can be nude, I run for health and do it everyday, being nude is just a matter of preference in my running.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not that far off... It's a matter of relevance to the overall picture. You said you run for exercise, but the lack of clothing has absolutely no effect on that. Yet, you haven't discussed any aspect of running other than the nudity, so there should be no question that the running is a minimal part of your interest, at least as portrayed.

Dan
Running4life
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can I discuss anything else about it. You are so hung up on the fact that I run nude, and can't seem to see past it, besides this thread is about nude running, so why would I be talking about any other aspect of running right now?

Also, how could running be a minimal part of it as you say, if the running has always been a part of my life, and is the whole basis for what I am doing, and why I even posted here?

You are grasping at straws now in your attempt to make my post look bad, and it is your own problem with nudity that is driving you to do so. Not everyone thinks nudity is some sort of a problem or anything to be frowned upon as a you so obviously do.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no desire to make you look bad. I was merely making an attempt to clarify the objections to the thread. I couldn't care less that you run nude or even that you care to discuss it. And no, there aren't any straws to grasp at... You've simply put together a very flimsy case and apparently taken offense to being called on it.

If you want to continue the nude running discussion, I've got no problem with that, as long as it remains clean. I'm bored of it, however, so unless you want to discuss some other aspect of running -- one which has a bit more mainstream interest -- that's the last you'll hear from me.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: