Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
running diet

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaun Fox
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the last few months i have been eating healthier, i have cut out all crisps, sweets and choclate and since i have my race times have got worse any idea why?
Ive done everything else the same, the same training etc, so it must be something to do with the change of diet, should i start eating the foods i gave up again?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are you eating in place of the old diet?

While I do believe a better diet will always lead to better running, all else being equal, all else is usually not equal... Changing your diet is bound to have an effect on you mentally, and some people are adversely affected by trying too hard to do things right.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Leech Boy
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2001 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The most important ingredients to become a fast runner.
1) Hereditary
2) Training
3) Sleep
4) Diet

You cannot control your genes. Your training is much more important than your diet. I have seen many faster types run very well with eating anything in front of them. When you do the miles, your body can burn food pretty efficiently whatever you throw in it. Bottom line, worry about getting as much miles and training in as you can before you really have to worry about your food.

As far as diet goes, eat less fat and less processed food the better. That is about all you need to know. Your body will tell you what it wants. Just listen.

Leechboy
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2001 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaun, aren't you a high school runner? If you are then you are at an age when eating for your overall health is important. Eat a variety of foods with the emphasis on fruits, vegetables, whole grains and lean meats in moderate quanities. DRINK 64 OUNCES OF WATER EVERYDAY!!!!!!!!! That pretty much covers it. Eat if you are hungry, don't if you aren't and concentrate on training to make you faster. No one ever ate their way to a gold medal.
Micah
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: