Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
Meet #6 - Weltklasse Zurich (8/19)

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheGlyde
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have but one thing to say: Cool

hehe...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That one thing speaks volumes... 3000+ points the past two meets, not bad! I think it's just because you managed to skip over #13... Of course, that was post #13 for you. Neutral

Dan
TheGlyde
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I made some posts last year (i think i was 7th last year) too but my post counter seemed to be reset this year Confused

ah well...

now hopefully i can keep this lead... Gatlin said hes tired & Arron has lost a bit of form... has me a bit edgy...
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing's been reset... Did you switch to a new user account?

Gatlin tired? That's not what I want to hear, not unless Crawford decides to pick up the slack...

Dan
TheGlyde
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm looks like i was just a guest last year http://run-down.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1680 and never logged in properly... whoops hehe Razz

Heres a bit of a story with Gatlin's quotes after a GP meet in Sheffield last night

-------------------------

World champions Justin Gatlin and Allyson Felix won the 200m races while Kim Collins and Veronica Campbell each took the 100 at the Don Valley Stadium.

Felix comfortably won her race in 22.54sec, but Gatlin had to make up ground on Tyson Gay to edge his American teammate at the line in 20.04sec.

Thirteen individual Helsinki champions competed in breezy sunshine.

Gatlin, who also won the 100 in Helsinki, ran the 200 to prove a point. Gay finished in 20.09, with Stephane Buckland of Mauritius third in 20.39.

"I'm very tired after all the travelling in Europe," said Gatlin, who won the 100 in Zurich on Friday. "I wanted to put on one last 200 metres to show people it wasn't just a one-off."
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully, that just means he's done with the 200 for the year and will keep contesting the GL 100's at a high level.

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully .. Actually I was surprised to see him competing so soon after Helsinki ... And then to go two meets so close together ... He's got to be fatigued now ... It would be in his best interest to wait at least another week to 10 days before going out there again ... I have no doubt that he is feeling totally drained right now ... Which may in turn make him just pack it in and go home ... I hope not though ...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: