Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
Meet #5 - World Championships (8/6-14)

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been keeping score but I know a lot of my athletes have been just out of scoring reach it seems ... Tougher meet than I anticipated ... Sad
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was worthless. I had Reed in the 800m final, but he gave up in the end (tried a huge move at 600m and got rebuffed) and got 8th in a slow time. Kipchoge finished a disappointing 4th in the 5k, but it didn't matter because the pace was so ridiculously slow that all the scoring spots come from the combined 10k. I was hoping for over 200 points on the final day, instead it'll be like 30. :t-:

I'll finish up inputting the results and get scores posted...

Dan
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Results are now posted:

http://run-down.com/fantasy/index.php?go=full_results

Interesting that the high score for the meet looks to be 1476 (Andy Chan; leapfrogged me to #12), which is basically top-10 material for most meets. That makes me think that the leaders are excelling in the value-priced athletes that didn't quite carry over to the championship setting, so we may have slightly tipped the pricing scales away from the stars. Not that that's a bad thing -- it makes selection more challenging and more important.

I had forgotten I had Mathathi on my roster Rolling Eyes , so there's a few extra 5k/10k points. I seem to be stuck on lucky #13... Andre, don't you dare move up another three-quarters of a point. Smile

I think Micah got dizzy from the lofty and rapid ascension last week...

This could be our top battle yet shaping up for the #1 spot... 1st through 3rd within 85 points of each other!

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I didn't drop too much (3 spots to 16) .... Still have a shot to get back in the top 10 !!!

Micah took a hit though ... Sorry dude ... The sprints will feature again though now that Worlds is over ... So I think I have a shot !!! Wink
TheGlyde
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta be happy with that...

up to 2nd Very Happy

might be getting the hang of this

methinks you may have also overlooked my 1601.29pt total for the highest of the meet Cool
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies! Looks like you did indeed take top honors. I guess I skimmed down the intermediate list too quickly...

Conway, you and I have pretty similar rosters up top, which made it interesting following along the meet this week. There were only a small handful of differentiating athletes, and I knew it was going to be within 50 points of each other. I ended up getitng you by 160, but I had forgotten I had Mathathi (I'd given up on him scoring this year), and he put up 118. Talk about a wild card.

I'm down to 9 athletes that haven't scored, and of those, 1 was a complete reach just to use up cash (Zhu), one is a major disappointment (Crawford), one ran in the wrong event at World's (Bati, 1500 instead of 5k), and several are low priced athletes that either did well early this year or in the past (Fynes, Roslanova, Wanjiru, Mwera, Burnett, and Cheboiywo). I would hope to get 2-3 of them scoring before all's said and done.

Jay's got an amazing 4 athletes that haven't scored, and two of them are Crawford and ElG!!! Ditto for Joel in first, with one of them being Asafa Powell. That's quite the job of roster selection. I hadn't even heard of some of those people.

Dan
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not too dissapointed in the results from Worlds. With the way I set up my team I was banking on a consistant accumulation of points by second tier athletes instead of trying to rely on the big points from a few big guns. So I didn't expect to make a move at Worlds.

But I did think I would be picking up more than I have. Sad
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like an excellent strategy for the GPII meets. Smile

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well ... We'll see how well that works come Zurich now won't we ??? Wink
TheGlyde
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Crawford and El G are driving me up the wall... especially since i was tossing up between Crawford and Zakari... what a stupid move that was...

I didnt pick my team aiming to excel at Worlds, last year i centred my team around the Olympics and it caused me to drop a few places... i picked guys like Frater, Burns and Dwight Thomas expecting them to run a lot of meets, and lo and behold they showed up the the world champs final Smile

now i just have to find that 7.63 points that im losing by Wink
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
especially since i was tossing up between Crawford and Zakari... what a stupid move that was...

I made the exact same poor decision. I went through half a dozen revisions of my roster, and all but the last one had Zakari and no Crawford. Oops. I've got the list still of last minute veto decisions, and it's painful every time I glance back at it.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: