Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Open Mic Night
Please read this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 1999 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone, this is an update of the last week's happenings at the Run-Down.

First of all, Run-Down's web host apparently shut down Thursday, December 9th, without any warning! The next few days were spent transferring the domain to a new host and getting everything set up once again.

I'm happy to say that pretty much everything is fully functional now, although there area a few details waiting to be worked out.

As the old server went down without notice, I was unable to retrieve the latest backup of a few files. Of note:

Discussion forum - Any conversations on or after 12/2/99 (only one or two, as I recall)

Running Links - Links added or modified on 12/9/99 (20-25 links, mostly high schools)

Training Partner Locator - Accounts and Records added or modified after 10/19/99

Event Calendar - Anything after 8/3/99 - Ouch!

I think that covers everything. Please let me know if you encounter any problems related to the move. I will look into them immediately.

Thanks,
Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 1999 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've found what appears to be confirmation that the previous web host went out of business, as suspected. This makes it unlikely that the missing files will be retrieved. I should be able to backtrack and cover the lost running links, but the training partner database is up to all of you to help rebuild the missing info.

Thanks,
Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 1999 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There may be a straggler or two, but I think all the missing running links have been added back into the mix. Smile One item down...

Dan
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 1999 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great news! I just got an email from the webhost and they set up temporary access to the server to retreive files. Smile Everything is recovered for the Training Partner Locator, Running Links, Event Calendar, and *I think* the discussion forum (not easy to match stuff up before and after). I was quite close in my guess of "one or two" missing running links -- there were exactly two!

A few things left to rebuild, and things should be back to normal...

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: