Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Open Mic Night
muscle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night
View previous topic :: View next topic  
statetrack05
Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: muscle Reply with quote

my hamstring muscle hurts so bad.. today i was running a 60 y dash n half way through my right hamsting hurt so bad i couldnt run nemore n fell to the ground. it hurt so bad i dont kno what to do. someone looked at it at the place i was running n said it was minor so i iced it n all but it hurts so bad ne1 have ne ideas or adive on what it is or what i could do Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you strained/pulled it. Was this at a team practice? Any trainers there to look it over?

Icing and rest are the most important things right now. Let the inflammation die down before testing it out, then get a good deep tissue therapist to dig in and break up any of the bad stuff so you can resume training.

Dan
statetrack05
Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 7:09 pm    Post subject: massage Reply with quote

yea a trainer looked at it n said it might be a cramp or a pull in the muscle n i should b good to go in a day or 2 . it feel better 2day, but i never thought bout the deep tissue massage i went to one of those a while back n it was great i think i might go to one or get the trainer to give me one. thanks a bunch n happy easter Very Happy
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2005 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a fan of just waiting for injuries to go away. I've worked with far too many athletes who have taken that approach all they've got to show for it is a lot of lingering problems. Best to get to the root of the problem and strengthen it up to avoid future recurrences.

Dan
statetrack05
Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:12 pm    Post subject: strain Reply with quote

it turns out it is a strain n its been 2 weeks i tried running last week n i got this shooting pain its killing me cuz i wanna run so bad
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you had it worked on it yet? Merely resting rarely does any long-term good.

Dan
statetrack05
Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:11 pm    Post subject: rest Reply with quote

o yea ive been to trainers n a massage therapist n the doctor ive tried running but can only jog n im a sprinter so it killin me cuz i wanna sprint again
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have they given you a timetable for expected return?

Dan
statetrack05
Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: recovery Reply with quote

they said it would b a week n its been like 2 i have to get an mri on friday n im frustrated cuz ive missed half the season Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Indeurr
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 9:44 pm    Post subject: Re: recovery Reply with quote

statetrack05 wrote:
they said it would b a week n its been like 2 i have to get an mri on friday n im frustrated cuz ive missed half the season Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

____Once, you get well. There is a preventive exercise. You should get flat on your back. You should raise one knee at the time and kick it out 15_teen times (three sets for each leg). You should do it for a week or so. Next, you should start using progressively increasing weights and repeat the same exercise.

Robert Kolakowski also known as
Drago Hornet Scooter 69
Rahiim
Dekolak kolakows pecunia indeurr
Kolaczek
Of Elizabeth, New Jersey, USA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB0RcWYMwXU
one hand clapping
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: