Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
Energy Drink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2001 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I jog 5 days a week. I will usually drink in a can of energy drink (330ml) after each jog. Could someone tell me am I drinking too much of it? Any harm to the body?

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Sam']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2001 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sam,

I have no idea how much is too much for that sort of thing, but I would guess it depends on the sport drink. Some are very high sugar, others have caffeine, and I believe some are even carbonated. The line between sports drinks and soda is rather slim...

Something that may work well for you is to drink a full glass of water after running. Better hydration, and it may reduce your thirst for a daily sport drink.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2001 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Dan. However, I really feel great after drinking it as compare to plain water. Again, I sometimes worry if i'm taking in too much sugar and salt from the drink. Sad

[Anonymously Posted by: 'sam']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2001 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I was thinking was to tank up on water as much as you can to quench your thirst (often mistaken with a sugar craving), then top it off with something tastier like a sport drink when you don't need as much for the hydration factor. If you make your own drinks from powdered mixes, you aren't tied to a pre-packaged amount.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Leech Boy
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2001 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good advice, Dan.

Most of those energy drinks are loaded with too much sugar and much worse - CAFFEINE, which makes you pee and keeps your system up when it should be in rest phase.

Check out the stuff in it. All the ose ending words are sugar. You do need a little sugar but some of those drinks are a joke. Dilute Gatorade or like drink is good after a run.

Drinks lots all day. Most people don't drink enough throughout the day. Your pee should be clear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: