Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Open Mic Night
Nothing to do with Running

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be surprised if they don't work in the latest version. It should be basically the same code with bug fixes, but not having tried it out, I can't make any promises. Probably all that would change would be a few line numbers for the nav bar mods.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe it is just me but I can not get the mods to work with 3.14. It very well could be I am doing something wrong. I am not getting the little email graphic by the posters' name. I can not get your menu to work. I do the changes but I get the same old menu. WHen i upload the src-board-subs-common file I start to get internal server errors. I really want to get this working as your mods make discus look much better!!

Thanks.

brett

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Brett']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2001 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The best thing to do is make one change at a time, as that helps narrow down what is going wrong. The email graphic next to the poster's name isn't really part of the mods -- that should be standard with the alternating table color "template" for message pages.

As you can see from above, the same mods worked from the earlier betas of v3.0 up through 3.1, so I'd be surprised if enough was changed in 3.14 to keep them from working.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
As I've been receiving several requests for the code/.conf file changes, I am posting them for everyone to see! Each link will launch a new window to the text file version of the changes. I will put together a zip file shortly of all the files.

Here are the .conf template files:

topics.conf

subtopics.conf

newpage.conf

messages.conf

addmessage-public.conf

addmessage-private.conf

And here are the mods for the navigation bar at the top of the page:

Navigation bar mods

Hopefully I didn't miss anything.

Dan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This forum is beutifully designed. Would you share the skin file?
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is actually an old topic from when the forum was running Discus. It's now running phpBB, with just the standard template.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: