Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
Knee pain

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 1999 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading something on the internet about knee pain caused by a problem with the IT band. It went on to describe an item called the Patt Strap - which was essentially a strap put around the leg above the knee to stabilize the IT band. Has anyone had experience with this problem and/or the Patt Strap.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Mark Carson']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 1999 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark,

Hope you haven't given up on a response, I just got back... I've never heard of the Patt Strap, and I don't recall seeing such braces above the knee. But I have had an IT flare-up and it can indeed be quite painful. I've written some info about it on the running tips page. Check it out and let me know if you have any other questions.

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 1999 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heel spur/plantar fascitis - hurts terribly in morning, does not hurt when I run, hurts a few hours after, I've read EVERYTHING on the net, in magazines, HELP. XC season is fast approaching, two sons in college, Div I, one son in High school XC, and a husband running marathons and masters Corporate running, I MUST be able to run to see them all on these long courses - it's my life - not too many people would understand how important running is. I'd appreciate any help TY
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 1999 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I can definitely relate to how important running is to you. Unfortunately, plantar fasciitis is not an area with which I am very familiar. I believe Adam would be of much more help on this matter, so hopefully (!) you are reading this...

At least the good news is that it doesn't hurt while you are running. Reminds me a bit of a hip flexor problem I had a few years ago. It would be fine all day, didn't hurt at all while running, but the instant I stopped I could barely lift my leg! I figured if I continued running on it, it would either go away or get worse. Guess which happened?!

One suggestion: If you believe in the mental approach to healing, I highly suggest you check out John E. Sarno's "Healing Back Pain." There's a link to it from my health & nutrition page (under General Health). Don't be fooled by the title. I checked, and he specifically lists plantar fasciitis as one of the "injuries" also caused mentally. I personally think this is one of the most valuable books ever written (I haven't read the follow-up).

Best of luck,
Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: