Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Open Mic Night
How much are we willing to mix it up in here??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RangerG
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 8:54 am    Post subject: How much are we willing to mix it up in here?? Reply with quote

Well??

There are a few people on some other running sites I post on, who are, shall we say, looking for greener pastures.

I have resisted telling anyone about this nice safe haven, for fear of debates, politics, etc... I sort of like the quiet, but hate posting on three sites, and this by far has the best setup.

My question to all of you is: Would you willing to put up with the potential of debates and all the ugly stuff that comes with an active site, to get more members, or would you like to keep it nice and quiet.

Of course Dan would have to keep a close eye on things, but.....

It's your all's decision, but I think I could get the word out, or not depending on the feedback.

I am mixed, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Ranger
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More activity is good, but not all activity is good activity... I'd rather it be quiet than having to put out fires all the time. If people want to join in and be part of a positive community, then welcome one and all! But if they're the type that exists simply to decrease the signal to noise ratio, then I'd rather not have them here.

Dan
RangerG
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dan wrote:
More activity is good, but not all activity is good activity... I'd rather it be quiet than having to put out fires all the time. If people want to join in and be part of a positive community, then welcome one and all! But if they're the type that exists simply to decrease the signal to noise ratio, then I'd rather not have them here.

Dan

I tend to agree. I was just asking to see what the general mood/opinion was.

I think I will tell a couple of people who seem to be serious runners or are serious running fans. It would be nice to have a couple of running ladies on here as well.

The GF is down from Maine on vacation and has been running my tail off. We have done about 15 miles so far this week, and she is here for three more days, so I am thinking by Sunday, I am gona be face down on the livingroom floor... Sad The kids think it's a hoot that she is running me into the ground.. Rolling Eyes "Hey old man, how ya feelin today..ha ha ha" Evil or Very Mad

I am trying out new shoes and a platypus backpack hydration system. It sloshes a bit, but seems to work better than the fuel belt. Thumbs Up

Ranger

Last edited by RangerG on Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it sloshes too much, you might want to try one of the old CamelBak road models. I believe they have a smaller reservoir and fit snugger to the back for aerodynamics. Might help the slosh factor.

Dan
RangerG
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More noise than shifting. It is a small model, but has a little room for an MP3, and some gel.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably wouldn't be a big difference, then. Unless it's full of water, any pack is likely to make at least some noise.

Dan
Indeurr
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

___Well, I was able to get a couple guys from the IAAF fora to join us. I believe that we need a couple more people, but, as is the case above, quality people.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB0RcWYMwXU
one hand clapping
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea RG. I too would like to see some new blood...especially distance runners and females. As for the quality of the discourse I would not want to see our current standards compromised. However, that may not be too big of a problem because it seems that we all tend to chip in at policing the rabblerousers. I think that if we continue to let the ones who are offensive know that their actions aren't welcome then things shouldn't get out of hand.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
that may not be too big of a problem because it seems that we all tend to chip in at policing the rabblerousers.

That's what I like to hear. Thumbs Up

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Open Mic Night All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: