Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
Guevara

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 3:14 pm    Post subject: Guevara Reply with quote

After teasing and disappointing us Fantasy T&F'ers all season, Guevara shows up in the PanAm Games:

Women's 400 Semifinal Heat One - 1. Ana Guevara, Mexico, 52.22; 2. Melisa Barber, USA (Columbia, S.C.), 52.62; 3. Michelle Burgher, Jamaica, 53.13; 4. Adia McKinnon, Trinidad & Tobago, 54.24; 5. Jackie Ann Morain, Grenada, 56.30; 6. Mirtha Brock, Colombia, 1:01.79.

Has she just been biding her time in training all summer? Not exactly the toughest looking of competition to start back up.

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably been training ... Will be using the rounds here to get sharp ... Maybe one other meet before Paris ... Just a guess on my part ... Is what I would do ...
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She looked sharp at Prefontaine in iffy weather. Was expecting a sub 49 this year.

Paul
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, after the way she ran last year and started this year off at Pre, I figured she'd be pushing for a series of high 48's to low 49's, in the process completely intimidating any potential competition. She'll obviously be the favorite in Paris, but unless she pops a sub-50 between now and then, I'm guessing a few upstarts will gain a tad bit of confidence.

Dan
Paul
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured she was the reason Freeman announced her retirement. If nothing comes of the 400 this year, I wonder if Freeman would consider coming out of retirement, though the possibility seems remote.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Freeman's latest "retirement" is likely to be for good. She realized how much she had slipped during that period of inactivity, and it didn't seem her heart was in it enough to work even harder to make up the gap.

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: