Training Talk
Questions regarding breathing...

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
View previous topic :: View next topic  
will
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh grasshopper, must we conquer fear of reality first. Run 300 miles and then we learn to breath! Fung shui! En garde.
waterman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 4:58 pm    Post subject: Breathing Reply with quote

As a person that is very used to PFT's ... Very. I can feel your pain. The one thing I have noticed is that your body will take in the good ole O2 that it NEEDS. I cannot and will not speak for any of the Giselle/cheetahs that I have had the privy of runnig with/behind and definitely not in front of, BUT I do know that if I tend to think about my breathing my legs aren't sore afterwards. Mainly- because I am trying to calm my breathing, which in turn, slows my running. Maybe me maybe not.. Just run as hard as you can for that PFT 3miler because essentially that is race day and you your body IS going to take in whatever O2 it needs

One training tip I have learned is to make sure you are running at least 2 days of intervals a week. 2nd day should be hill intervals if possible.
Odd days should be 3-6 miles.

Good luck

DOC
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2003 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Mainly- because I am trying to calm my breathing, which in turn, slows my running.

An alternative explanation might be that you are getting more oxygen to your muscles, which results in less soreness. Of course, if you know you are indeed running slower those days, then that would shoot down that theory.

Dan
baby t
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2003 5:29 am    Post subject: proper breathing Reply with quote

I've heard the proper way to breath is the way you normally do when walking only deeper breathing. Am I right? Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: