FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Training Talk
Running Toys

View previous topic :: View next topic  
training2run
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 4:38 am    Post subject: Running Toys Reply with quote

To My Running Friends: May you have a wonderful holiday Very Happy ,
a fantastic New Year Surprised , and may Santa bring you the running
toy you most desire. Mike, www.training2run.com
RangerG
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 9:23 am    Post subject: Running toys Reply with quote

Dan tells me it's a dream, not a wish, but...... Sad

I still want a running shoe that knows when to KEEP water out, and when to LET water out. We can send men to the moon, but can't tackle this little problem Mad

I know...I know...I'm the Engineer... Confused

I hope all of you have a very nice Holiday Thumbs Up We may get snow Very Happy If we do, I am going running in it for sure Razz

P.S.
I am keeping in touch with Jafar and offering encouragement. I like the guy's spunk.
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Dan tells me it's a dream, not a wish, but......

I thought you were going to mention the hotfitnessmodels web site... Smile

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
training2run
Varsity
Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 12:48 pm    Post subject: Hey Dan, you weren't kidding! Reply with quote

Thanks Dan, there really is such a site Razz ...with cute little movies too Surprised . Mad Dog www.training2run.com
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did the rehab walk today in shorts and a tee shirt.

Kids in the neighborhood were barefoot and the tops were down on the convertables.

Aaaah.....Christmas in south Georgia. Very Happy

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow, let it snow. Laughing
RangerG
Junior Varsity
Junior Varsity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 7:32 pm    Post subject: Not a web site, but the real thing! Reply with quote

Dan,

I decided that the real thing is better than the web site Wink

The Ranger has met a slightly younger lady that did not run away screaming. She was a Track and Field star in Javelin and Shot-put, and likes to run. She thinks I am a nice guy Rolling Eyes

Too soon to tell if this will take off or not, but I did stack the odds by going out to Bath and Body Works and picking up the cream, gel, and spritz she likes, for a holiday gift Wink If that works, next stop Victoria's Secret! Surprised

Ranger (I think I am in love) G. :supergrin:
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First Marion and Tim, now this... I think the sap-o-meter is broken! Sad

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Distance_Guru
World Class
World Class

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2002 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bath and body works. Every guy I know loves this place, it a store where you can close you eyes grab something off the shelf and you'll have a great gift for the woman in your life.
Silver007fox

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 9:12 am    Post subject: Timex GPS Systems Reply with quote

I am currently thinking about purchasing the Timex GPS system and have been trying to find or obtain any feedback from anyone who has experience with this product. I really like to versatility of the unit but that's all in the sale's pitch. Is there anyone out there that has some experience and could provide some candid feedback about it.

Thanks!
Mad Dog

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2003 10:10 am    Post subject: Times GPS Watch Reply with quote

Dear SF: I picked up my GPS watch when I was in Houston for the marathon. I've used it on every run since then.

Next to my first "Flexible Flyer" snow sled, the Timex GPS Time and Distance Watch is the best toy I've ever had.

Beware though, it really makes you work. You can't slow down to get in your time (without doing the distance), because the GPS tells you the miles (or kilometers) you've actually covered.

Here's where I got mine - seems to be the best price and best service on the web: http://timexcentral.com/T2R

Be sure to get the 100 Lap version, which allows you to set it to beep at specific distance intervals. This is particularly valuable during a marathon where the markers are sometimes missing (or you miss them because you are looking elsewhere). Dr.(Mad Dog Mike) Schreiber, www.training2run.com
baby t
Water Boy
Water Boy

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 2:15 pm    Post subject: hi every1 Reply with quote

Very Happy I'm new to the site. I was wondering about some tips about how to better cross country train. I've been in cross country for about a year :question: Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Training Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: