Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Rambling Runners
Oregon a dismal place to run...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2000 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey,

Just wanted to comment on this great site! I'm currently running on OSU cross-country club and happened to come by this site, I think we met at some regionals xc race. But anyways, back to the topic... I was wondering how most people cope with this dismal weather? For me personally I find the constant mediocre chill and drizzly rain to be somewhat of a hard barrier to break through to leave the house and run. Esspecially during these winter months in which I'm more content sitting on the couch chugging down spoonfulls of ice-cream. Any ideas how I can overcome this sad but true situation?
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for stopping by! Can't say whether or not we've met without knowing your name... I only know a handful of the current crop of Beavs.

My guess is you're not from the area? Up until the past couple weeks, this has actually been great weather by Oregon standards. Smile I've always found that by far the best way to stay motivated in this weather is to have someone else to run with. It makes things less monotonous, and it also makes you accountable to someone other than yourself. You're probably on break now, so that makes it a bit more challenging. Any high school friends or club teammates to run with?

Cheers,
Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have weather that can be rather uninviting. The roads don't always get plowed or ashed where I live so footing can be abysmal. The snow and chilly temps (single digits are not uncommon) don't bother me much, but the wind combined with having no traction just doesn't beckon me like better days. On those occasions when the road at my place is crap, I drive to a location with paved roads, which are usually more grippy. For motivation: You're gaining a day on your rival if you run, cause he might be loafing on the couch himself.

Lars

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Lars']

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2000 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I woke up this morning it was 2 degrees outside. The weather report promised a high of 7. And of course the 30 miles per hour wind gusts help to make outdoor running all but impossible. Ah, nothing like going to the Y and jumping on the treadmill. I hate running 10 miles on the 'mill but it beats freezing my behind off any day. Plus, the nice looking women working out on the stairclimbers in front of me provide a much appreciatated distraction.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Dave']
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Rambling Runners All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: