Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Fantasy Track & Field League
Marion Jones

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 11:01 am    Post subject: Marion Jones Reply with quote

Here's a tough one... Marion Jones was one of the champs of last year's Fantasy circuit, and the undeniable anchor of Team Run-Down. That success makes her one of the more expensive athletes, but also as sure a bet as there is. However ... with the off-season coaching turmoil and the announcement that she will be skipping her usual season opening meet (Mt. SAC) due to lack of fitness, tough to tell where she'll be at the start of the European season which comprises the Fantasy league. Does anyone dare bet against her??

Dan
Micah Ward
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO!

I'm not a sprint expert but isn't there just too much raw talent there?
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably so, but her margin of error is getting slimmer each year, and this is the first year I know of where she hasn't felt fit enough to begin the season on schedule. Reasons for concern, but I'm not sure if it's sufficient cause to doubt her.

Dan
Conway
Olympic Medalist
Olympic Medalist

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the 200 were a listed event, yes I would bet against her ... Collins was just too too hot indoors ... At the level she ran at she should be sub 22 outdoors and that is a mark that Marion has had trouble with in the best of seasons ...

Seeing as the listed event is the 100 however, I would still bet against her but hesitantly ... Zhanna looked better than ever indoors and a solid start for her could place her across the line first ... She is one of the few athletes that can finish with Marion .... The other being a healthyArron ... Who by the way was running very well til she had a slight injury and decided to save it for the outdoors ... So there is potential competition for Ms Marion ... I think she sees that herself ergo her delay in debuting this season ... Wink
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2003 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, Arron ... another write-in! Smile

I think we're in the same boat this year. Not sure what to expect of Marion, but not willing to go out on a limb and expect the worst...

Dan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Fantasy Track & Field League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: