Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Health & Nutrition
Stress fracture???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Health & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had pain in right near the base of my fibular, about 1-1.5 inches above the bone that juts out of my lateral side of ankle. It was very gradual starting but is getting worse. A friend of mine has a stress fracture in the exact spot (even though it is supposedly very rare). But is there anything else it could be? The thing that makes me wonder is the fact that once I get running, it hurts LESS, and it hurts the worst all day at school and after I am done running. I have had a metatarsal stress fracture 3 years ago when I was a freshman, and I have done so much to prevent them, that I do not know how I could have another one. I take calcium supplements, have good shoes, custom made orthotics to correct my biomechanical problems, and I am very gradual in increasing mileage and intensity. So does anyone have an opinion on what this could be and what I could do?? I am right in the thick of my xc season and I don't want to be out injured again! So far I am icing (which helps tremendously) and taking advil, and my coach said he is going to wrap it for me to try to relieve pressure. Thanks for any help!
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2000 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any guesses what that might be, sorry. I would not delay a minute in getting it x-rayed, as it quite easily could be something bone related. The sooner you find out what it is, the better your chances of fixing it quickly.

Best of luck,
Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Health & Nutrition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: