Run-Down Forums Forum Index Run-Down Forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch

Run-Down Forums Forum Index
Health & Nutrition
Pyruvate

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Health & Nutrition
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2000 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dan,

I was wondering what the benefits of taking pyruvate might be. I have heard that it may help increase endurance by enhancing glucose use in the muscles. And if you knew of any bad effects this supplement might cause. I am hesitant taking supplements because I had a bad experience with creatine. Also, I was wondering if a small runner such as myself should try to eat a lot of protein. I would like to get stronger and everyone tells me to eat a lot of protein. I have been eating protein bars lately in an attempt to get extra protein.

Thanks in advance for the advice,

Dave.

[Anonymously Posted by: 'Dave']
Dan
Chief Pontificator
Chief Pontificator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2000 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not familiar with it. I would try finding whatever reading material you can, either in print or online form. Just be careful that it is from a reputable source. That's often the difficult part.

Protein will help you gain weight, not necessarily strength. Most people can gain plenty of strength through intense weight work. By taking this route and not supplementing bulk-builders, you can get much stronger without attaching an anchor to your legs. Wink

Dan
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Run-Down Forums Forum Index -> Health & Nutrition All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: